Wine Wise is a wine education and events company based in Maine. We create exceptional wine experiences in iconic Maine locations on land and at sea. We are currently hiring a Part-Time Marketing Assistant for 10 hours a week to support the marketing goals and strategies for our Portland, Kennebunks, and Ogunquit events by assisting in the development and implementation of tactical marketing programs and projects.
The right candidate is ambitious, goal-orientated and a task-master, someone who is skilled at relationship building through various forms of communication and is able to solve problems as they arise. Reliable transportation, self-motivated and an entrepreneurial spirit are a must.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support marketing goals and strategies
- Support, administer, develop, and implement customer communications, marketing tools and materials
- Pre-event and post-event email follow-up with customers, vendors, and partners.
- Participate in one or more of the following areas:
- Administer and coordinate marketing and selling materials, including updating content, printing, and delivery of literature revisions to establishments. May assist in the development of new literature pieces.
- Support awareness and communication with area businesses. Develop event awareness tools, programs, and communications.
- Assist with social media content
- Participate in events by supporting a variety of development. set-up, launch and commercial activities.
- Collaborate, communicate and work cross-functionally and with other businesses
- Report and present plans, tasks, timing, and results
- Continuously develop sales and marketing knowledge
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing or Hospitality; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- 2+years experience in Customer Service, Marketing, or Sales; or external experience in a related industry.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical skills with an aptitude for marketing analytics
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of management and externally with customers
- Ability to understand basic financial concepts such as ROI and budget management
- Ability to anticipate and resolve issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated initiative and drive with ability to work independently, collaboratively, and as part of a team
- Proficiency in MS office applications–with advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and PowerPoint software preferred
- Understanding of Gmail and Google Docs
Applications – Send resume with cover letter, schedule of availability, and hourly pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 10, 2016. Include Part-Time Marketing Assistant in the subject line.
Office location – No
Schedule – Flexible for 10-15 hours a week Wednesday-Sunday, between the hours of 11-6
Employment Status – Contract and seasonal with potential for more